Thanks Thanks:  8

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Coco last night.

Seeing the trailers, it already didn't appeal to me much.
    So couldn't be bothered seeing it at the cinema.
    Saw it was available "for grabs" and got it, and still didn't appeal to me. Dante was cute and fun, but other then that, not a movie I would watch again anytime soon.
    Without trying to offend anyone, the music (well, Spanish music in general) is just not something I can really listen too, so the songs/music in the movie I didn't like at all.

I do wonder though, Leor, what's the voice cast in Spanish?
    Since all the original voices seem to be actual Spanish, I would think they would just use the same people for the Spanish dub.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's totally fine Nathalie
    I recently got to watch the English version too, and... I was surprised by how much Spanish there was. I knew there would be some words, like I saw in trailers, but I do think they overdid it (and sometimes quite unnecessarily xP). I guess that way it's more appealing for American audiences who sometimes hear it from co-workers and such, but I can understand why it must've been distracting for people who aren't used to hear it, like in most of Europe.
    I wish they had kept it to a minimum like, say, Beauty and the Beast with French, but oh well >< at least I got to enjoy the full totally-not-weird Spanish version, and nothing's gonna take that from me

Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I do wonder though, Leor, what's the voice cast in Spanish?
    Since all the original voices seem to be actual Spanish, I would think they would just use the same people for the Spanish dub.
    The cast is mostly different from the English version except for Gael García Bernal who reprised his role as Hector. Some other side characters also used the same actors, but I don't remember who exactly.

I think it's better that way, since it keeps the accents more authentic. Besides, I do think Miguel's singing is much better in Spanish, but that's just my biased Mexican opinion

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)