Simba '04 - That was an interesting reply, thanks for your input. ^_^ I think I'll convert to blu-ray when it has completely taken over the market. Most films and games come in DVD format so I'll stick with that for a while. Thank you though, you have put forward interesting points for me.

shadow - The main point of my post was to say "convince me!" not "PS3 sux u all waste ur monies" or summate. And btw the games you said to be exclusive to PS3 (Final fantasy, Resident evil, Kingdom hearts, Devil may cry, GTA, The agency,Afrika, Metal gear solid) well lets go through the list.
Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are owned by the same company (Square Enix) and they have considered going multi-format for all of their games, XI being the pioneer in MMO multi-format gaming. Square Enix is only allowing exclusivity for XIII to Sony as long as they get a lot of sales. If not its easy enough to say they'll go multi-format for their games.
Resident Evil 5 is on both systems. Devil May Cry 4 is also on both systems, as is GTA. The Agency is done by Sony so yeah.. of course it would be exclusive but its still on PC. Afrika is again by Sony. MGS is the only one there that is exclusive to Sony to any degree.
Most of the games are going to be multi-format.