Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Life

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba_2004
    SW & '04 May 12th, 2006 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you two back together? I remember you telling me the other morning that you two were going to spend some time together.

Originally posted by Azerane
    Only a month now until Kintaru comes... I can't wait... *hugs him tight*
    I know how you feel since STM comes in June too... I'm ecstatic!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes we did get back together, took all day long but, yes we did get back together on May 12th

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's great to hear '04, after everything you guys went through.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's really great Derek. ^^
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good to hear that Derek Best of the luck and a lots of great moments for you two

I know how you feel since STM comes in June too... I'm ecstatic!
    yeah... well ofcourse it will be great.. and who could be waiting... sinse it have been sooooo long sinse we saw the last time... it have been already almoust 4.5 months...

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gah! I'm so confused! I think I made a post in this thread before, and yay, I'm crushing on the exact same guy. A couple of months ago, I thought I had forgot him, I didn't talk to him that much anymore and I was no longer obsessed with sitting near him in the classroom. Then we had some sort of quick but funny conversation, and I was stuck at it again. I spent the whole spring break thinking about him, wanting to meet him, but when I came back for school, I somehow managed to cool off my feelings because I knew that the smallest sign that indicates that he does not like me that way, would destroy me. It has been quite cool since then, but last week, he did or said things that just blossomed these feelings once again.

He's so charming, loveable, funny, handsome, but I also know that he's not perfect, he drinks a lot, smokes, steals..... my moral has always told me to stay away from guys like that, but now it doesn't even matter. I don't care if his mouth tastes ash tray, I don't care if he drinks til he blackouts, I don't care if he steals stuff and sell them, it's like I beleive that if I'd ever get him all that would change. But deep down, I know that most likely, no.

He has flirted a couple of times, suggested a couple of "indicent" acts, asked me if I wanted a kiss as birthday present, and I never know if he's serious or not. It often feels like it's meant to be jokes on the surface but that there's another meaning as well, because I've never heard or seen him do the same thing to somebody else.

I've asked him to burn AC/DC CD's for me two times now, even though I easily could get them from somebody else. It's my way of contacting him, I know that I need to textmessage him, then give him CD's, wait for him to burn them, get them returned to me, and then we'll discuss what songs we like best. I would like to give him something as a thank you (he said he didn't need anything though, he doesn't mind doing it at all), and if I had the guts I would probably ask if he wanted a kiss in return.X) Maybe I can twist that so it's more of a joke, so if anybody hears it, or if he backs off with a big "No", I can laugh and say that it was just a joke. It would give me a idea of what he thinks of me.

I've felt that he's something special, that there's this special energy between us since the first time I saw him. Once I felt and knew that I would see him when I went to his hometown, and I did, twice.

People have suspected that there was something going on between us, and one of my friends just seem convinced about that he's having a crush on me. I've been having crushes before, and NONE of them has been as strong and long as this one. I'm just so attracted to this boy, and he's the most beautiful person in the world to me. We won't be in the same class next year, so I just hope that I'll be able to tell him what I feel at the upcoming "class party", hopefully we can be honest with each other. I don't want to move on and regret not taking a chance.

Anybody got any advice on how to tell him without making a fool of myself, or how I can flirt with him without it being too obvious etc. Maybe you've been in a similar situation? then please, for god sake, say something. Anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well I don't see why you would have to hide your feelings... try to wait right moment and tell how you feel. You can't force anyone to like you, but I do think thats the best way, I know it's not easy, but you should try it.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, my love life needs an update aswell.

Some of you may remember the guy whom i fell in love with. Well, i send him a card when i was in Rome, and next time i saw him, we had a funny convo again.
    Today i saw him again, and he added me on msn aswell. We can get along great and i just can't wait to talk more and more to him. And i even got myself some great photos of him ^_^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good to hear that Amy!

and sinse I do post here once again I can say I'll be traveling over to CA to visit my love again in 15 days. I say I can't wait and that is true, but I just have, no matter can I or can I not.
    After that we gonna have 3 and half months together... which will be really great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Xanahti - hmm... that does seem to be quite a pickle to get through ... uhm... slow 'n steady wins the race... though, you know all these things, of him that you know would not work out... hmm... there is a chance that he would give up all that for you, for people will do many number of things to find true love... If he were smart, he would give up drinking, stealing, smoking for you... however... I dunno, what to say really... you're idea, with kind of hinting it around sounds ideal, though will take patience... remember though, weak hearts will always take the easy way out, yet strong hearts will endure.

@Amaryllis - It's always great to hear things are working out for the better. Just know there's a bumpy road ahead of you, don't become daunted when traversing over them...

@SimbaTheMighty - wow... I have no idea how you manage to seem so calm... the wait alone must be killing you right? I know from when I had moved to florida to see a friend of mine, the wait for me was great enough... for you it must be 100x greater than that...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
    @Xanahti - If he were smart, he would give up drinking, stealing, smoking for you...
    Yeah, STM gave up smoking for me... And that really meant a lot to me. He knew how if made me feel, that it really hurt me and I didn't want to be with someone who smoked... So he did stop.

@SimbaTheMighty - wow... I have no idea how you manage to seem so calm... the wait alone must be killing you right? I know from when I had moved to florida to see a friend of mine, the wait for me was great enough... for you it must be 100x greater than that...
    It is VERY hard. This is the longest we've been apart after meeting. Even though it's getting so close to when we meet, it seems like it's getting even harder to wait.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Yeah, STM gave up smoking for me... And that really meant a lot to me. He knew how if made me feel, that it really hurt me and I didn't want to be with someone who smoked... So he did stop.
    that's right, he did didn't he? ... That's an admirable thing he did... it really showed he cared for your feelings enough to stop...

Originally posted by Sharifu
    It is VERY hard. This is the longest we've been apart after meeting. Even though it's getting so close to when we meet, it seems like it's getting even harder to wait.
    yes, I could imagine the diffculty in waiting that would present... although it does make the time all the better when you do get to see him again right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, to be honest, i can't imagine how Sharifu and STM must have felt, i mean, me and Shadow were torn apart aswell when he left after his visit to me, while we're just v?ry good friends! So yeah, i can imagine alot of pain, but it must be alot more worse for these two people, and that's what i admire in them, because they did-not-stop their relationship, in contrast with me and Ragoom (while we hadn't met at all) and that's why everytime i think of a good relationship with true love, i think of Sharifu and STM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yes, I could imagine the diffculty in waiting that would present... although it does make the time all the better when you do get to see him again right?
    Yeah I think so.

Originally posted by Amaryllis
    Yeah, to be honest, i can't imagine how Sharifu and STM must have felt, i mean, me and Shadow were torn apart aswell when he left after his visit to me, while we're just v?ry good friends! So yeah, i can imagine alot of pain, but it must be alot more worse for these two people, and that's what i admire in them, because they did-not-stop their relationship, in contrast with me and Ragoom (while we hadn't met at all) and that's why everytime i think of a good relationship with true love, i think of Sharifu and STM.
    Wow... Well yes it is hard, but it's worth it... Even last night when I was talking to STM and we had our webcams on, I even started to cry a little just because I miss him so much... It was so weird that I was crying, I mean I knew he's going to be here soon... And the last time he left after the Christmas visit, a few hours we spent together before he had to go to the airport, I was crying so much... Just knowing we were going to be seperated again, for months... But I've been working all this time, saving up for this summer, and it will be totally worth it.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's for true love, anything's worth it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Xanahti - hmm... that does seem to be quite a pickle to get through ... uhm... slow 'n steady wins the race... though, you know all these things, of him that you know would not work out... hmm... there is a chance that he would give up all that for you, for people will do many number of things to find true love... If he were smart, he would give up drinking, stealing, smoking for you... however... I dunno, what to say really... you're idea, with kind of hinting it around sounds ideal, though will take patience... remember though, weak hearts will always take the easy way out, yet strong hearts will endure.
    He didn't have to give up smoking, he didn't have to stop drinking (cut down on it though), but it's all this stealing that doesn't feel very comfortable. I think it's kind of a cry for attention. Attention from his "cool" friends and his parents. I don't know, the more I get to know about him, the more I want to get into his brain and find out what he feels and why. I wanna help him, be somenbody he can talk about everything with. I can't sort out his problems, I know that, but just be there. But not only as a friend.

Everything that has with love to do has always seemed a little scary to me, but with him, I know it never would be scary at all. No matter what happens, I'm thankful to have gotten to know him, and if I find out that he doesn't likes me that way I won't let it bring me down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what to say in response to your situation Xanahti, though the one thing I will say is that in my opinion it's a bad idea to give him hints that you like him. Not everybody understands the same hints. For example as you said when he offered you that kiss for your birthday, that could have been a hint from him but you still didn't know whether it was just as a joke or not. Those sorts of things are easily confused so it's better just to be straightfoward with it and tell it how it is. That's what I did with a guy that I had liked for a while, I was thinking about him a lot and it was just annoying me that I didn't know whether he liked me or if he knew that I liked him, and so one day I e-mailed him and told him how I felt, and even when he replied saying he wasn't interested in me in that way, although I was a little sad about it, I felt more content that I knew where we both stood with the situation and it allowed me to move on and not dwell on it and drown myself in misery I hope that helps at all, or even makes sense.

Amy, that's good to hear about that guy, that you're getting to know him better. Though to be honest I can't remember exactly who it is your talking about, is this your squash teachers son, or the other one?

And wow, 2 weeks, definetly not long at all, it's only 3 weeks and 2 days until I get to meet Kintaru.. I can't wait, I'm so excited. The time has just flown by so far and hopefully these next few weeks will as well. And Sharifu, I've cried when I've seen Kintaru's webcam before, heh, it just hurts to be able to see him but not be with him. I know that before we worked out when we'd get a chance to meet I used to cry at least once a week when I was going to sleep, but now that I know that he's coming and will be here soon, I'm a lot more content and if I feel sad I can just remember the fact that he will be here soon. That's gonna be the greatest thing ever.

And also, just on the whole issue of giving things up for someone you love... I think that it is a great indication of love to give something up that's hard to give up or something that means a lot to you so you can be with a person. Though there is a point where you should stop with that, as there are some things that make your life and who you are, and if you give up who you are, then it's just going to make you unhappy. Sure you'll be happy to begin with because you're with the person you love, but in the end it can break up the relationship because you're constantly under pressure to be someone you're not. I'm not saying don't give up anything that's just silly, hehe. There are some things, like how STM gave up smoking for Sharifu (which was a very sweet, considerate thing to do) and also travelling thousands of miles to be with that person.. and yeah. Maybe you understand what I mean, maybe you don't. And also, yes people can change, but you can't force them to change, though they can change, it doesn't change who they are, if that makes sense. Hmm.. maybe an example... if a person is a party go-er who always drinks a lot, they can change and become much less of a drinker, though they'll still be a party person, and enjoy parties. Gah, I think I'm beginning to confuse myself now too maybe I'll just leave it at that before build myself a bigger maze

EDIT: Wow, I wrote lots
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no love life. I mean, I've been in love a few times, though I couldn't start a love relationship with any of them ('cause I knew that to them I was just a friend, or even less than that).
    I don't expect to have a girlfriend in a short period of time (i.e., one year). It's hard when you've got some handicaps (I'm not physically attractive nor I have an interesting personality either).
    Anyway, I hope that sometime, maybe whithin the following years I can find someone who likes me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a crock, LR.

There's an eHarmony for everyone...

Seriously, "You need mojo baby, yeah!" = )

@Mr. Derek: Congrats to ya! =)

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, hehe. I'm not desperate though (well sometimes yeas, as I see that I grow older and I'm every time worse ) but I have the hope that someday I'll find someone. I don't know if it will ever happen, but hope is the last thing to die, isn't it?