Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Life in quarantine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Audra, good to see you again! Hope you and Petteri are well. You too Kanu!

Yeah, I work in a supermarket too. I’m currently not working for reasons mentioned before, but I heard they closed the in-store cafe and salad bar. They have installed perspex screens to the checkouts and are limiting the amount of people coming in at any time, they also provide PPE like face masks, visors etc. But I heard today that at the store I work at they were letting in far too many people at once, and therefore no social distancing was happening. So I’m glad I’m not there at this point in time.

I do try and go out for a walk, whether it’s walking my dog or just going for a walk on my own. I live in a nice village now near the countryside, where there is a canal and river nearby, so it’s not so bad. I also have a garden, so when the weather is nice I can sit outside for some fresh air. I really feel for those who live in tower blocks or flats with no garden. And I feel for those who live alone. Hang in there.

We have a good health service here in England. We show our gratitude by dedicating a time (8pm on a Thursday to be exact) to applaud our health service which is the NHS. Last night everyone was out in our street clapping, sounding car horns and cheering. We even had fireworks last week. I hope it helps the heroes working in our health service feel valued and get the recognition they deserve.

Yes, hang in there everyone. Stay safe, stay well. We’re all in this together. <3
    Last edited by King Simba; April 17th, 2020 at 10:11 PM.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook