Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Life in quarantine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have some good news, when I applied for benefits on Monday, it said that it would be effective starting May 1st! So that is a relief.

As for travel plans for us this year, we didn't really have any. Our cat Miss Kitty needs medication given to her every twelve hours for high blood pressure, and she needs to be given subcutaneous fluids three days out of the week. (She is in the early stages of kidney failure) So making any kind of plans for a trip or vacation in the immediate future seemed impossible anyways. We don't really know anyone nearby who can give her those medications if we went anywhere. Plus, giving her fluids is a two person job, someone needs to hold her while someone else pokes her... It sounds kind of scary I know, but we have to do it, or she probably wouldn't live as long or feel very good. (Our vet showed us how to do it, and we have been doing it for a few weeks now at least) She is also now on a prescription renal diet to help her kidneys. These are things she needs for the rest of her life. She does seem happy though as she cuddles with us quite often, and loves to eat her new food. We just want to make sure she is comfortable and happy during her golden years.

But I was planning on having our 10 year old nephew coming and visit us this summer. I had tickets bought for me, Petteri and my nephew to go see the Jurassic World Live Tour in July. But it's been canceled now. That's kind of disappointing. But oh well, at least we are saving some money by getting a refund for those tickets. The Lion King on Broadway is going to be near us in July. I thought of maybe taking my nephew to that instead. But I'm so sure that will be canceled as well, even though it hasn't yet. By the way things are looking, I'm sure it will be. I'm more than ok with my nephew visiting us anyways, but nothing will be open for us to take him to. As long as it considered safe to visit relatives at some point in the summer.

But one possible trip we were thinking of was going to Oregon to visit my family this summer. (Originally thinking of taking my nephew back to Oregon that way after he visited us) That is the only trip we can do because we can take our cat to my Mom's house where we would be staying. But as of right now, I have no idea when it is alright for travel, even if it is by car... The stay at home order just keeps getting extended. It has now been extended through the whole month of May. Oh well, it is like this for everyone, just have to wait to make any kind of plans. But I want my family to be safe, of course.
    Last edited by Sharifu; May 1st, 2020 at 09:40 AM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art