Thanks Thanks:  19

Thread: Reimagined The Lion King confirmed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Honestly, I think the frame-to-frame recreation thing was an exaggeration by media (what, did they have the original movie there with them to compare?), and even if it was a frame-to-frame recreation, I'm pretty sure that was just fan service for that sequence only, I highly doubt they'll do the same to the rest of the movie.
    It wouldn't make sense anyway, that would make the VR filmmaking they're hyping so much quite unnecessary, I mean, as far as I know, they'll use motion capture in a virtual environment using live-action camera techniques (not saying it'll be live-action of course, just that the camera movement will make it feel like it rather than a typical CGI movie). That would be entirely pointless if they really wanted to remake it frame-to-frame, it'd be lazy filmmaking at its worst. There are things that only work in 2D animation, and there are things that only work with live-action camera techniques, you can't do a frame-to-frame recreation just like that.
    They'll also want a longer running time than the original's 88 minutes, so you bet there'll be new/extended content anyway.
    Last edited by Leorgathar; July 16th, 2017 at 06:16 PM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)