So, if I was the least bit excited for this remake before it's all gone now...

The Lion King first footage reveal was close to a frame-for-frame recreation of the "Circle of Life" opening of the animated movie. We see the sun rise over the African savanna, though of course this time it actually is a real sunrise over the horizon. The film is shot to match up with the same shots of the animals you see during that opening sequence in the cartoon, and they look photo-realistic despite being CGI. It's especially powerful when you see them running by a realistic shot of Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background.

Y'know, this actually makes me really, really mad. Because what the actual *bleep*. This does not sound like a "reimagining", it sounds like a straight-up remake that is absolutely intended to "replace" the original with fancy-pants CGI because CGI is gritty and grown-up and shiny and cool and not childish like that old rubbish 2D animation that we used to make hahahaha 8D There is literally no reason at all to be remaking this movie (and the others) if you're just going to recreate it shot by shot, other than as a "cheap" money-grabbing scheme. Plain and simple. It's really hurting my animator heart to see this happening to the Disney classics *sigh* If they wanted to develop the new cool tech that they are developing for this movie, because I don't doubt that it'll be very advanced visually, write your own damn script.

"We love this movie"... No, you do not, Favreau and crew. If you did, you'd have known to leave it alone.

Am I overreacting right now? You bet I am! Am I sorry? Nope!