Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Favorite Messenger app

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Favorite Messenger app

Hi all

I have the curiosity to know which instant messenger programs do you use in your phone (such Skype, whatsapp, facebook messenger, icq,etc...), which you like most, which like least and why.

Enviado de meu LT26i usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    FB forced me into installing the messenger app, I couldn't even see my messages anymore without it.
    I hate it. It takes up extra space on my phone aswell, and its just annoying.

I also got Skype. I like how previous things typed on my laptop also are shown on my phone, and the other way around.
    I don't use it much, only when I have WiFi access. If I use it while having my 3g on, it eats my battery and eats all of my free mb's I got in my package deal, lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm using skype and threema. Threema is similiar to Whatsapp but it's safer and it doesn't collect data like facebook etc. It's nice Oh and I still use my old ICQ account on my phone sonetimes.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only use Steam as my primary chat messenger method, I'm just too lazy to open Skype over M% BS.

my steam id is zack2k
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On your smartphone?

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, it´s possible to use steam a Messenger.

In my case, the Messenger i love most is ICQ because its simple, quick, has eficient voice and vídeo calls. I have my icq account since 1999, and i never stopped using it, even tough the android version Always were good, but this current one is simply amazing.
    Skype is the one i really hate in my phone because it simply not work: few versions ago, the "online" icon simply disappeared from you tray, right now they maksed the problem by removing the icon but the app still crash/close without you perceive, so no messages or calls you receive.

Facebook Messenger is ok for me, even tough it don´t make videocalls. Whatsapp is a crap and i stopped using it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah There's a mobile apps for Steam, I even buy game through my phone.

I like what Steam offered on the app and the messenger, I usually use Facebook messenger and Steam app to chat with my friends.

Whatsapp is alright though, but I would like to do is do Blackberry Message like the old time on my BB phone.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm using Jabber with ICQ transport and for work I'm sometimes forced to use skype. In addition, I'm regularly active in some IRC channels, but that's it and I don't chat very often in the past few years anymore. Mostly caused by lack of time, but also I have the feeling that many people drifted to the dark side (e.g. facebook).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That Facebook Messenger app is pretty annoying. Why not keep it integrated with the Facebook app? Why require all or most of the same permissions (camera and microphone access, for example) that the Facebook app itself uses? To be fair, Google Hangouts, Google's own messaging app on Android uses pretty much the same permissions, but I've held off installing the FB messenger app just because it seems superfluous -- anyone who needs to get in touch with me probably has my cell phone number, and many others can contact me through Google Hangouts. I might consider installing Skype or Steam again, but then I'm not a huge fan of sitting around and chatting on the phone. Going off on tangents, sorry ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't really use messenger apps on my phone. The only one I have right now is the Facebook one and that's just because I want to be able to reply to Nathalie and CGW quickly about things we're planning.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I use whatsapp and viber.I find whatsapp rather irritating and sometimes unreliable,but almost anyone at university uses it so I need it to communicate with my group...I much rather prefer viber though,considering it also offers free online calls of high quality.