Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We just caught up with the most recent 3 episodes yesterday. I came on here to say that the gorillas were annoying That is all
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    According to this article, Season 2 will debut this summer, and The Lion Guard has been renewed for a third season! Yay.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We're behind a few episodes because my sister has been working. She likes it a lot too, so I don't want to watch it without her.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Woo, another new season! I caught up on the latest episodes the other week. They're pretty good and all, but the more TLG I watch the more I consider it an alternate universe that's separate from the films, hah. And Mufasa's appearances are just a feew too many now I don't know. I feel like they're just taking the "ghost" too lightly, when it was such an important, pivotal moment in the film.

I hear rumours that Scar is going to make some sort of appearance pretty soon as well... I guess they've been building up to it since the very beginning, but I'm still sort of conflicted about this. I just hope it'll be handled well, with the original canon in mind. You know, not ignoring Simba's existence and role in the matter as I feel like they usually do.

None the less, everything else aside - yay, Beshte episode coming up!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't think the series is to be taken so seriously at this point either. I still consider it extra canon material, but it'll hardly ever have the same depth xP

I don't know what to make of the Scar rumors, but they seem to have come from this new play set in A toy fair, along with what the employee presenting it says about it. Looks like he has a rocky texture, like he's part of a cave or something, but it's confusing:

Anyway, I'm so excited about the new season renewal! I have hopes that the show will get better with time
    And I look forward to check out tomorrow's episode, it seems that Beshte will sing us another rap number xD

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This just in: The Lion Guard Season 2 premieres on July 7

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Huh. Not a lot of advance notice, but we'll take it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh! That was quick! Has, uh... has season 1 ended yet? I think I'm a little out of the loop xD

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know, it's confusing xD Apparently "Ono the Tickbird" was the last episode of season 1, then they announced there would be a hiatus during May, and now they say season 2 starts on July. They should have made a proper season finale, sheesh! >_<

Anyway, there's also 5 new episodes announced:

"Babysitter Bunga" - July 7th
    "Savannah Summit" - July 7th
    "The Travelling Baboon" - July 14th
    "Ono and the Egg" - July 21st
    "Rise of Scar" - July 30th (TV movie)

There's gonna be a lot of talk about that last one, seems that the rumors were true I don't know what to make of it, I guess I'm excited but also very skeptical.
    Whatever they do, I hope it's a good episode (and that they bring Jeremy Irons back at least xP)

UPDATE: The Lion Guard: Rise of Scar will be a TV movie, like Return of the Roar.... Ok now we're talking!
    Last edited by Leorgathar; June 10th, 2017 at 03:43 AM.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    (Sticking this thread )

Thanks for the updates, Leor. It seems like you've become our best source for breaking TLG news!

I'm pretty excited for the new TV movie. It's always great when they explain some back story or bring back popular characters. One can only watch so many standalone episodes (though I know that format works better for reruns and for younger audiences).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, another TV movie! I'm pretty curious about the "Rise of Scar", looking forward to seeing how they will handle it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Great news I can't wait to see it ^^

Thanks for the information, Leor!

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hmmm. I just hope they won't forget that The Lion King kinda... happened? And that they won't forget about the actual TLK cast and the roles they played in the actual story :'D I'm concerned it'll be all about Kion (which would make sense, sure) and that Simba, Nala and the others will continue to be as passive as they usually are in the series...

I'm gonna try to be less of a downer Maybe they'll have done a good job of it? We just don't know yet~

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okaaay, we have a first look at Scar in TLG now:

Apparently he'll be a ghost made of volcano flames in the TV movie. Even though I still raise my eyebrow at the idea, I think he looks pretty cool, I like it.

But as it turns out, he won't be reprised by Jeremy Irons (*sigh*), but instead he'll be played by David Oyelowo.
    It's very disappointing that they didn't get Irons, but I haven't heard Oyelowo yet, so I'm really hoping he's a good choice at least.

As for how he'll be brought back, it seems that Kion will accidentally summon Scar after he uses the Roar of the Elders during a fit of anger.

Here's a link to the article

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, a Scar ghost made of volcano flames? He does look cool, but...

Wait, does that mean we could possibly see a Mufasa ghost vs Scar ghost clash, or something?

Curious to still watch this...Though I share the same questions as Kanu, about the rest of the original cast and how it will be handled. Well, we won't know until we watch it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We can't expect all the old voices to be back. It's been years, they got lives, or don't want to do it anymore. I really think Rowan had time for it, yet he's only in the first movie. I've never even seen an interview with him about lion king. So I figure he was done with it straight after the first one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My childhood self just shrieked with joy at Lava Ghost Scar. Lava Ghost Scar was a very regular player in me & my friend's games! And now he's CANON!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hahaha, that's so awesome, CGW!

Also, this -> http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Makini Rafiki has an apprentice!? For some reason, this makes me really happy/excited

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There's even a plush from the apprentice on the Disney Store website.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's a new trailer for The Lion Guard: The Rise of Scar, with Rafiki's new apprentice, Makini!

Apparently the story will deal with the nature of being able to summon lions of the past, and it'll have something to do with Rafiki's magic staff. This looks intriguing, I can't wait to see it.

- Hamlet