Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow.. thanks! I always thought his name was "Punda Milia" according to the imdb.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Sarger
    The new episode is out on watch.disneyjunior.go. Not going to spoil anything, but I'm now unsure of how this is TV-Y7. Very, very dark.

If this is what they're willing to do in Season 1, Season 2 will be very exciting, considering Kevin Schon has stated it'll be much darker.

I'm not even sure this is appropriate for Disney Junior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, I heard about Kevin Schon's tweet about season 2 being darker, but is this next episode really that much? I can't wait to see it and find out!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarger View Post
    The new episode is out on watch.disneyjunior.go.
    Too bad you have to sign in with your television provider to be able to watch it. We don't have cable, so we can't watch it there.

iTunes already has this Friday's episode on their season pass of The Lion Guard. But I don't really want to buy another season pass of The Lion Guard. I bought the first season pass on Google Play, and I never really used it. Kiss Cartoon always had the newest episode up before Google Play. Plus, it (and iTunes) broke the season up into volumes, so I paid $30 for the first 13 episodes only, when I thought a season pass meant the WHOLE first season. I feel that is misleading, the show is still currently in season one.

Although, if iTunes keeps releasing episodes early, I have to admit it is kind of tempting to buy their season pass.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just wait. I'm already paying for the satellite, so I don't see a reason to pay for the season pass or anything else extra. I could login to watch on the website, but that's annoying.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how many of you are using Kiss Cartoon to watch The Lion Guard, but for those who do, I thought I should mention this. Last week they released episode #14 and #15 on the same day. But episode #15 was just repeating episode #14, which was "The Imaginary Okapi". I looked at the list of Lion Guard episodes on Kiss Cartoon last night and this morning, and because it still said episode #15 was released 7/7/2016 (the same date as episode #14 as well), I thought it as still a just the repeat of episode #14. But I'm glad I looked forward a little bit in the episode to find out they fixed it, it is actually now the newest episode, "Too Many Termites". Just wanted to mention this in case someone was making the same mistake I was, assuming because of the date listed, that it was still the wrong episode. So, yeah, now I can't wait to watch this episode tonight after work.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that was certainly a great episode! I suppose it was a little darker, but not exactly by that much. Either way, loved the story.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Balanced Breakfast View Post
    Well, that was certainly a great episode! I suppose it was a little darker, but not exactly by that much. Either way, loved the story.
    I was wondering the same thing, I mean about Sarger saying the episode was so dark, that he/she thought it was not appropriate for Disney Junior. Then I watched the latest episode "Too Many Termites" and I thought to myself, this was really dark? It really didn't seem that way to me.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think it might have been the jackals talking about how they ate a family of hyraxes. Not exactly dark, though, just a little bit creepier than usual, I guess ><
    Anyway, better discuss stuff about specific episodes in their respective threads

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    I think it might have been the jackals talking about how they ate a family of hyraxes. Not exactly dark, though, just a little bit creepier than usual, I guess ><
    Anyway, better discuss stuff about specific episodes in their respective threads
    Yeah, I guess I'll save the conversation for the individual thread.

Sarger
    What was I referring to? Oh, I found the deception VERY dark. Am I the only one seeing this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess the scene was kinda creepy in a way, I give you that

In another topic, there'll be another new leopard character in this Friday's episode, Trouble with Galagos. A friendly one named Badili!

I'm not sure if the other leopard is Makucha, or if it'll be a new one, but I think Badili looks adorable
    The episode will have a focus on the topic of bullying, which is a very sensitive topic for some, including myself. I really hope they'll get it right

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also thought this whole "We'll make you a meal" was kind of dark, but then again... I grew up with Gargamel trying to cook and eat the Smurfs or later turn them into Gold. I'll see how my little daughter will react when the episode is released in Germany. She didn't understand much of it when I showed her the English episode (She's almost 3 years old now...). However, she did get that the jackals were the villains and that the "hyenas" were the good guys this time *gg*

And Leor: Thanks! Wow, that really sounds promising.
    That whole issue of leopards and the pride lands quite bugged me. I don't understand why they can't live in the Pride Lands at all and it appeared that this was "common sense" in the episode. I mean, just look at Zazu's Morning Report. Or at least in the German version... There even Zazu mentioned Leopards. So they can't all be that bad, can they?

About the topic: I also hope they get it right... I agree with you: Bullying is a very sensitive issue and I hope the deal well with it.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    That whole issue of leopards and the pride lands quite bugged me. I don't understand why they can't live in the Pride Lands at all and it appeared that this was "common sense" in the episode. I mean, just look at Zazu's Morning Report. Or at least in the German version... There even Zazu mentioned Leopards. So they can't all be that bad, can they?
    Yeah, it seems that the writers forgot about those leopards who "were in a bit of a spot" but for the fun of theorizing I actually had an extensive talk with Lyonize and ABB about this once, and we came to a conclussion:

There used to be some leopards in the Pridelands during Mufasa's reign, but they became loyal to Scar, just like the Outlander lionesses, and so they were banished as well. Evidence of this can be found in the TLK SNES/Genesis game, where there are leopard enemies fighting along with the hyenas.
    Attachment 897

Wether you consider the game canonical or not it's up to you, but hey, at least the show made it a possibility by having a lava river in the Outlands, just like in the game

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ooh, the new episode will air on Friday? And I just checked The Lion Guard's Wikipedia page, it says "Janja's New Crew" will air on Sunday. August 7? Really? That would be cool, but the air dates seem to keep changing, so we'll see.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post

I'm not sure if the other leopard is Makucha, or if it'll be a new one, but I think Badili looks adorable
    If the other leopard is Makucha, I'm surprised they'd have a recurring character come back so soon after his last appearance. I mean, I've been looking forward to seeing Jasiri again ever since the beginning of the season, and still nothing ; she seemed like someone Kion would definitely see again, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa! Muhimu, the zebra from the Mbali Fields Migration episode, was a Spice Girl!

She'll also reprise her role as Muhimu in a future episode on October 3rd

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A low quality trailer featuring the first appearance of the outlander lions is here!

https://www.facebook.com/brie.sorens...0573651274478/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OMG yesss!!! I saw

I found a higher quality video. This is too awesome for words, I'm so excited!

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ooh, Zira is in it, awesome. I'm excited to watch this episode!
    My Lion King Fan-Art