Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Activity] May 2014

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Some stories say it's because of her taking drugs, her official site said she was already sick (cancelled 2 US dates) did a few more shows, and got sick again, allergic reaction to the medication, and the rest of the US tour got cancelled. Her site said the Europe dates were not in danger.
    Wednesday evening they annouce the first 2 Europe dates are cancelled, which was Antwerp and Amsterdam, because she was still sick.
    Her Europe tour now starts May 6th in London.

I have been lucky enough to have seen her before 5 years ago, but apart from her new attitude her music still means a lot to me

She didn't cancel everything for real, every date she couldn't do, has been re-scheduled.
    It's not her fault she got sick off course, and that I can't make it on that date, I'm just very upset about it. *feels like a little kid again* haha

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well on the 1st of May, Petteri and I celebrated my birthday, well a few days late, but that was Petteri's next day off after my birthday. We went to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. I got a membership, which I am excited about. It was worth the price, basically if you go with one other person, and go at least go twice a year, the membership pays for itself. (As a member I can always bring one guest for free) The museum has so much to see you basically need to go twice to see everything. And that museum has events that go on through out the year, with special guests, new exhibits, and monthly films, even if they are older Disney films, I think it will be neat to have the chance to see them in their theater. I am planning to see Sleeping Beauty this month and Peter Pan next month. I look forward to see Bambi there. I think Bambi is probably my favorite Disney film that was made while Walt was still alive. Members get to see the monthly film for free. So I am really looking forward to being able to go any time really. We also went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

Today, well I think I am going to start applying for jobs. Sometimes I feel guilty leaving my last job since money is so tight right now, but I was so unhappy there. I just hope whatever job I get that it will be better then my last job.

On May 23, I will be driving up to Oregon after class to visit my mom for Memorial weekend. Since we wont have class on Monday because of the holiday, and I normally don't have class on Tuesday, I can spend 3 full days there. (Not including the days driving) Then when I drive back down my mom will come with me and we can visit my aunt and she can spend some more time with me. She'll probably be here for around a week. We're not sure yet how many days exactly, she's thinking about it. She is excited about the idea of going to the Walt Disney Museum, so I will be taking her there.
    Last edited by Sharifu; May 4th, 2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, let's see...do I have an plans for anything this month?

Eh, not much.
    Next weekend, I'm supposed to attend this thing called Lightscapes. I recently went to their "Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze" and it was breathtaking, so I think Lightscapes will be just as visually impressive, even if I'm not into flowers and fairies. I hope to get some good photos and/or video.

The weekend after that, we're having a big party for my uncle. He's turning 85 and we have cousins flying in from all over the place, even from Europe and Asia, so I imagine that a good amount of them will be crashing at my house (which means I have to start cleaning, joy). Should be a fun time and it will be good to see the cousins again, and as a bonus I'll get to practice my German and Japanese...and I have an excuse to bake. A lot. CUPCAKES FOR ALL!

Other than that, all signs portend that May will be a boring month.
    I have some online loose ends I'm aiming to tie up, but it's hardly plans...more like...a never-ending goal that will happen when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    I want to get down to Popcorn Park Zoo--it's a Humane Society zoo for confiscated and injured/non-rehab-able animals--because the turtles I sponsor must be awake from hibernation by now.
    Ooooo, I think I know that place - is that where they let you feed popcorn to the animals?
    I remember going somewhere that let me feed popcorn to bears...I got a real kick of watching them gently picking up the popcorn with their claws and eating it. So dainty! XD

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    May you say? 23rd is my name's day. It is something that is not very common in USA but we attached all common names to days in calendar and we celebrate it like small birthday. 27th I'm going to attend Canon ZOOm event in Prague Zoo. It's annual event where you can try out all Canon professional photography equipment and join contest. Otherwise I have no other events in my calendar. Just worky worky work ... I'm working for two companies at the moment. I need money and I'm undecided which company I will stay with. I'm quite loner these days so nobody argue, nobody missing me. :P I could use money for travel later this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lweek View Post
    [...]I'm going to attend Canon ZOOm event in Prague Zoo. It's annual event where you can try out all Canon professional photography equipment and join contest..[...]
    Whow! That sounds like a lot of fun.. I whish there was something like that over here, too. My husband and I would love it
    Please let me know how that event was.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    Whow! That sounds like a lot of fun.. I whish there was something like that over here, too. My husband and I would love it
    Please let me know how that event was.
    As Kirauni says, I would love to hear the detail, Lweek.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My biggest plan this month... going to see Leor again on the 16th, just in time for my Birthday on the 17th!

It'll be the first time we spend my Birthday together too, so that makes it extra special. I sure hope he has some good gifts for me.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I have in the past posted a couple of photos, but not much. Really looking forward to seeing how this lens goes. I get to try it out for the first time tomorrow, super excited

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    I sure hope he has some good gifts for me.
    No pressure Leor
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Miley Cyrus May 26th in Germany *yay*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Miley Cyrus May 26th in Germany *yay*
    Good to hear that, Congratulations since you managed to go to her concert on the same month.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had to pull so many strings to pull that off, haha, I'm so happy *bounces*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    May so far:

-Picked up my awesome new camera lens yesterday (which i only had time to unbox today)
    And what lens would this be? I love new toys.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    My biggest plan this month... going to see Leor again on the 16th, just in time for my Birthday on the 17th!

It'll be the first time we spend my Birthday together too, so that makes it extra special. I sure hope he has some good gifts for me.
    Yep, that's our big plan for May We're also going to do some hiking in the forest and canyons of the mountain range here. I reserved a cabin in the woods for us ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    No pressure Leor
    At least I got that part covered

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)