Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite TLK Movie?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The original.

That's when it all started.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I'm not surprised SP is your favorite Kovu, cuz like, that's the only Lion King movie with Kovu in it. I've met other TLK fans where they like SP more then the original, some girls like it more because it stars a female character.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lion King, The Original and best.
    But SP is good too and on my "favourite movies" list. TLK 3 is not THAT bad.....there are many movies out there that are worse but in this trio it's the last one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know. I liked 1.5 better than SP, but that's just me. =\

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Lion King ofcourse... what you expect? ok then SP and then 3 ( one and half)

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would have to concur with STM.

The Lion King had the most universal and at once heartbreaking and joyous plot, the best animation, and the best jokes (all of course IMO). Simba's Pride had some plot holes and shoddy animation, but good music. Overall, it worked fairly well as a movie. The Lion King 1 1/2 or 3, on the other hand, seemed more like a sketch film with scenes getting it from point A to point B, but, other than our already pre-existing inclination to like these characters, didn't really provide us with a compelling plot or a variety of characters, and hence, is probably the least likely to get repeated viewings from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Well I'm not surprised SP is your favorite Kovu, cuz like, that's the only Lion King movie with Kovu in it.
    That's the only movie/show/animation with Kovu in it. :kovusmile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Akili
    I would have to concur with STM.

The Lion King had the most universal and at once heartbreaking and joyous plot, the best animation, and the best jokes (all of course IMO). Simba's Pride had some plot holes and shoddy animation, but good music. Overall, it worked fairly well as a movie. The Lion King 1 1/2 or 3, on the other hand, seemed more like a sketch film with scenes getting it from point A to point B, but, other than our already pre-existing inclination to like these characters, didn't really provide us with a compelling plot or a variety of characters, and hence, is probably the least likely to get repeated viewings from me.
    me - "whatever that was, i agree..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm going to have to say TLK becuase it set the standards for the other movies and when i compare 1 1/2 and SP to TLK, they just dont' seem that good, I love TLK and it is my most favorite animated movie of all time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ animated???? TLK is my favorite movie, period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince Simba
    ^^ animated???? TLK is my favorite movie, period.
    yep, same here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu
    Ohhhkayy... guess i'm the only one who voted SP.
    I'm not being defiant or anything. I simply answered the question.

Best Movie: TLK
    Favorite Movie: TLK2: SP
    Without TLK, there wouldn't be SP. But without SP, i wouldn't be a TLK fan. There isn't much explanation i can do here (either that, or there's too much explanation to include in here).
    Nevertheless, SP is my choice.
    Agreement here.
    The original was the best, yet SP still holds a bigger place in my heart...

Scar was a great villan (Jeremy Irons Rocks!), but I found Zira more compelling. She wasn't out for power, she was out for blood. Not to mention the whole psyco-sociopath thing ("What an Idea!...What...an I-...-dea!!"; "Scar, did you hear that?"; etc).

The (vocal) music in SP I see as better than LK's. My Lullaby and One of Us rank among my favorite songs ever.

Not to mention the 'without SP I wouldnt be a fan' thing Kovu mentioned. I honestly can't imagine the last 4 years of my life had I not seen SP...
    Of course, who could forget Vitani

The only downs to SP were inferior animation, Kovu came off as a wimp, Disney cut half of Vitani's lines, Simba became a 'dellusional paranoid maniac', and 'Upendi' .

And on plot holes, I don't see that as much of a liability, more room for writers like me to take things their own way. Heck, I don't know if I'd love Vitani half as much if she had a major role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jurassic Park is my most favorite movie of all time, it just kind of took over me and wouldn't stop taking control and everything i had was Jp stuff and when TLK came out i saw it and loved it but Jp still had me hooked and it wasn't until recently that i truly fell in love with TLK when i got the se dvd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cool! A JP fan!!! I can't choose a favorite movie... Really... I just tell people, that TLK is my favorite animated movie and JP is my favorite live action movie. JP is great, dinosaurs are my favorite animals!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba_TLK
    yep, same here
    Yup, me three! TLK is my all time favorite movie!

If i had to give a second favorite, i don't think i could. TLK is special to me, hence it gets No.1, but no other movies make me feel the same way.
    But other movies that i like heaps are:
    The Return of the King (and the other two but the 3rd is the best), The Last Samurai (not something i'd wanna watch repeatedly but it was a very powerful experience when i saw it last)...and i can't think of any more ATM

I enjoyed Jurassic Park too, but never considered it to be a favorite or anything. As for JP3, i think that is terrible - this is all just IMO though!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah JPIII was pretty bad... But the dinos looked great though! The first original JP is really good I think.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Yeah JPIII was pretty bad... But the dinos looked great though! The first original JP is really good I think.
    That the dinosaurs looked great in every movie is undeniable. When i first saw JP in the cinemas when i was little, i was in awe at the amazing spectacle it was, when you see that first tall dino eating the tree - you know, where the woman (forget her name) stands up and takes off her glasses (or did sam neill do that )

Anyway, yeah, only very good movies do that to you. So JP is very good. I just don't consider it a favorite though - sorry to say that. I hate it when people say they don't like TLK...actually nobody i've known has said that but if they did i would be very upset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mabatu
    Anyway, yeah, only very good movies do that to you. So JP is very good.
    Yes, Steven Speilberg is such a great director. ET is another great movie, yes I know it's old, but I think it's very emotional. *Is a sucker for emotional movies* And Drew Barrymore was just adorable in this movie, she was such a cute little kid. ^_^
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK! TLK!