Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite TLK Movie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Favorite TLK Movie?

I was looking around and noticed that I couldn't find any favorite TLK movie poll! and it amazed me that nobody had ever asked that question so here it goes:

TLK, SP, or 1.5?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    woah.... you're right... i couldn't find one, at least not as a poll. (or i'm just not seeing it)
    Well, TLK for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i even did a search for 'favorite' and couldnt find a poll... and this is the best way to organize it

btw, my vote goes for TLK! =)

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd also have to choose TLK. Its very rare for a sequel to recapture and best the spirit of the original IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by another_tomato
    I'd also have to choose TLK. Its very rare for a sequel to recapture and best the spirit of the original IMO.
    yeah but SP came close... didnt it get some award for best animated sequel? if it didnt, it should have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The original Lion King for me too!

but I did like SP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes yes SP was really good, but nothing can beat the original

SP's only problem: Simba = dillusional paranoid maniac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lion King, all the way. I loves Scar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The original Lion King, of course.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SP's only problem: Simba = dillusional paranoid maniac

Gah, I hate SP's Simba with passion. Disney ruined my favorite character.

Original Lion King for me. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just like everyone else said, i say the Original TLK was the best

but SP was pretty good, not too bad in my opinion

but TLK3/1.5 on the other hand, was ok, it was more about humour than actually telling a story, which i didnt like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lion King for me as well. Though Simba's Pride came very close 1 1/2 was just not that great of a story, too much comedy in places that should not have been comic. (Gorge scene, Presentation, and CyFtLt scenes to name a few).

Simba's Pride had terrible animation, and not enough depth in characters, and some, not enough lines, or even an appearance! Others shouldn't have made an appearance (Mufasa).

The funny thing about sequels and prequels is that once someone watches the original, then watches a sequel, it rarely is better to them then the original because they have principles set in their minds that the sequel will have to live up to, and these are usually not met, thus, most sequels do not measure up to most people the same as the original did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1 1/2 isn't that good. I'm not even too keen on seeing it again, so it obviously isn't something special. And as you said Nuka, it should not have poked fun at the stampede scene.
    On the DVD i watched the deleted scenes, and there was one where in Digga Tunnah they sing about a meerkat who did something different and got killed or summat - it only went for 10 seconds or so but they deleted it because it adds too many characters to the movie! That just shows they aimed it at dumb little kids which is just wrong!

I enjoyed SP very much when i first saw it - actually, no. When i first saw it 5/6 years ago i didn't like it coz it had nothing i could relate to (it is largely a story about love, which kids don't get usually). But when i watched it a few months back after realizing im a LK fan, i liked it. Contrary to what others say, i don't mind Simba in the second one. I actually feel sorry for him - he understandably wants the best for his little one, and he had such a hard past...

But the fact is SP would not have existed without TLK. It even says that in the credits of SP and 1 1/2. So TLK is my favorite LK movie, and, suprise suprise, my all-time favorite movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really like TLK 1/2 ^__^ it was very funny and entertaining, and the animation i say is extremey well done! (unlike a certain "added scene" involving a singing hornbill)

I liked SP a lot also, but when I saw the animation again in the preview for the Special Edition one, i noticed the animation linework & such isn't quite up to par with what we've seen in the other movies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mabatu
    1 1/2 isn't that good. I'm not even too keen on seeing it again, so it obviously isn't something special. And as you said Nuka, it should not have poked fun at the stampede scene.
    On the DVD i watched the deleted scenes, and there was one where in Digga Tunnah they sing about a meerkat who did something different and got killed or summat - it only went for 10 seconds or so but they deleted it because it adds too many characters to the movie! That just shows they aimed it at dumb little kids which is just wrong!

I enjoyed SP very much when i first saw it - actually, no. When i first saw it 5/6 years ago i didn't like it coz it had nothing i could relate to (it is largely a story about love, which kids don't get usually). But when i watched it a few months back after realizing im a LK fan, i liked it. Contrary to what others say, i don't mind Simba in the second one. I actually feel sorry for him - he understandably wants the best for his little one, and he had such a hard past...

But the fact is SP would not have existed without TLK. It even says that in the credits of SP and 1 1/2. So TLK is my favorite LK movie, and, suprise suprise, my all-time favorite movie.
    yes yes I agree completely...

unfortunately for me, i was forced to watch it again about a week after i saw :mad::Ohno::roars: it because we didnt have a final exam in my band class...

i never wanted to see it again after the first time i saw it... even though it was kinda funny... and now after having seen it twice... i doubt ill ever watch it again without complaining, or going into a deep depression afterword (a depression which only loads and loads of TLK 1 can fix)

eh... i hated it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think TLK should be left out of this poll, since it is the obvious favorite.. .

but it would be interesting to see S.P against 1 1/2

Prince Simba. your avatar and banner are very cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol thx

yeah... SP vs 1 1/2 hehe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TLK 1 1/2 has pretty good animation, but overall I did not like it. SP animation isn't as good, but I liked it better then TLK 1 1/2.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my vote also goes to the original TLK movie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ohhhkayy... guess i'm the only one who voted SP.
    I'm not being defiant or anything. I simply answered the question.

Best Movie: TLK
    Favorite Movie: TLK2: SP
    Without TLK, there wouldn't be SP. But without SP, i wouldn't be a TLK fan. There isn't much explanation i can do here (either that, or there's too much explanation to include in here).
    Nevertheless, SP is my choice.