Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Are Disney Bringing The Lion King "out of the Vault"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Are Disney Bringing The Lion King "out of the Vault"?

Does anyone know when Disney are going to bring The Lion King DVD out of the Vault? I've been searching for The Lion King on DVD for about a year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If you look good in stores (or websites) ...

Disney is trying to release each classic again every 7 - 9 years.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well... You are a little late, I mean it just came out in the end of 2003 and was out for a little over a year. (Right?) I don't know when TLK will be released again... But you could try Ebay. Good luck.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. Yeah, I'll try eBay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know I could be 100% wrong but I've been hearing lately that The Lion King is going to be released on Blu-Ray which would be totally awesome but like I said.....I could be wrong
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Download it. If It's not there, it doesent exists.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kopa
    You know I could be 100% wrong but I've been hearing lately that The Lion King is going to be released on Blu-Ray which would be totally awesome but like I said.....I could be wrong
    This was posted at http://lionking.org/

"12/11/2006 - TLK on Blu-Ray Sooner than Later?
    Ryan R. reports that on the new Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest DVD, there's a preview of upcoming Blu-Ray releases of Disney classics such as Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, National Treasure, and (third on the list) The Lion King.

This is interesting news for early adopters, particularly those who have gone the HD-DVD route rather than Blu-Ray; evidently Disney has thrown in its lot with the Sony/Samsung consortium and decided to back the technically superior but (possibly) less well-supported Blu-Ray. We shall see how it plays out, but Sony's track record with storage media formats is not good..."
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Well... You are a little late, I mean it just came out in the end of 2003 and was out for a little over a year. (Right?) I don't know when TLK will be released again... But you could try Ebay. Good luck.
    Well I found Leijonakuningas in Finland in January last year :P It took me and STM ages though :P

I agree with that though, eBay is probably your best shot HM.

There's a Yorkshire phrase that goes: "Tha canst bai owt on t'interclick" I think it's appropriate xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    amazon still sell it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lion-Special...6280932&sr=8-1

pretty pricey though ><

I bought the Special TLK Trilogy Box ,5 disk set for ?50 a year ago, now thats went up to ?85. prices are getting higher.

cheapest i see for tlk on ebay (buy it now) is ?29. you may get it a little chepaer if you bid for it though

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    amazon still sell it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lion-Special...6280932&sr=8-1

pretty pricey though ><

I bought the Special TLK Trilogy Box ,5 disk set for ?50 a year ago, now thats went up to ?85. prices are getting higher.

cheapest i see for tlk on ebay (buy it now) is ?29. you may get it a little chepaer if you bid for it though
    The US Amazon.com has used copies starting at $23 or so. With shipping, the total would be around $24.

Personally, I'd wait for them to re-release it, seeing as how it'd probably cost upwards of $25 new.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What exactly is HD-DVD and Blu-Ray?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    High defination Quality.

better image quailty and another method of ripping you off in money ...... my opinon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to wait until they release it on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

Because The Lion King is just one of those films you need to see in the best quality possible.

Do you have to have a certain thing to play HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVDs? Could I play it on my PS2, or just a Sony DVD player?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    High defination Quality.

better image quailty and another method of ripping you off in money ...... my opinon
    I couldn't have said it better myself =P
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Hakuna Matata
    I'm going to wait until they release it on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

Because The Lion King is just one of those films you need to see in the best quality possible.

Do you have to have a certain thing to play HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVDs? Could I play it on my PS2, or just a Sony DVD player?

Thanks.
    Nope.

TLK on dvd is superb quality, and when it comes to 2d colour animation, you can only go up to a certain boundry of quality image. (hence it being on blu ray or hd dvd a complete rip off).Only way you will be able to see the quality diiference on Blu-ray or HD dvd,(if any) is if you have a big TV which is HD enabled (more money)

if its HD DVD, you need a HD DVD Player (ps2, xbox will not work) (more money)

If its Blueray you need a ps3 or a Blu Ray DVD player. and yes They are very expensive. (even more money)

This website will help you......

http://www.oceanfinance.co.uk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. I'll guess I'll just stick to the normal DVD when it comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would buy the normal DVD now off ebay or amazon, because the dvd is getting rarer and the prices are only going to get higher ><.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK on dvd is superb quality, and when it comes to 2d colour animation, you can only go up to a certain boundry of quality image. (hence it being on blu ray or hd dvd a complete rip off).Only way you will be able to see the quality diiference on Blu-ray or HD dvd,(if any) is if you have a big TV which is HD enabled (more money)
    To a T basically.

If you have a DVD, the only way to get better quality is to get an HD ready TV...the DVD is perfectly adequate.

Blu-Ray and HDDVD are made for movies with huge graphical effects like The Day After Tomorrow for example where a lot of high intensity CGI is used. But like Adam said, with 2D animation...it's somewhat pointless releasing it onto Blu-Ray/HDDVD since 2D animation can't be made into a better image than it currently is on DVD.

So if you want to spend some money to watch your TLK DVD with a better quality...buy a 50" HD ready LCD TV with Dolby 5.1 Home Cinema sound >)

...or something similar.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The only reason I'd buy TLK on blu-ray or HD-DVD, is just to "have" for in the collection, haha.

Other then that, I'll stick to DVD as long as I can.

They all money-hungry *grrr*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL. That's the only reason you would buy it? My reason would be becouse i wouldn't know what to do with money. And even then i would never let down my friend called Download.