Finally the rest of the pride had shown from the cold cave into the much colder and wet outside as the elements still amazingly continued at full strength though to Twilight having been out in it for such a long time was seemingly dying out very slowly. He shivered ever so slightly being chilled heavily to the bone as the onslaught of the weather slowly tortured him more; water flowing off him freely and in torrents. He really did look half the lion he did when he was dry; not like his father who was more muscular and somewhat commanding to what he was right then.

As the rouge showed himself down below he nodded to see that he had the guts to show himself after all; he believed the lioness that was in front of him of coming alone but he wasn?t going to pout full trust in anyone like them right now with other matters on the mind. He?d have to use them and maybe then gain their trusts.

He turned to his pride as the rain beat down upon him; he didn?t look like a king but a commander who was up to the job and the handle the situation in which they were in right now. He could see the pride was fully behind him; a little apprehensive maybe but more than willing to take the command of a prince till they all knew positively of his father and king.

They seemed eager despite the appalling conditions that continued to beat down upon them soaking through and sending chills to their bones.

?I know the conditions in which we are in are less than desirable right now my fellow felines; but right now we?re in a state of trouble right now. We have some pride members missing as is my father and your king? he said padding back and forth looking at everyone present as best he could with his mane long since mattered slop across his eyes somewhat taking the moment to paw it away to one side as he continued.

?Right now rouges or even other prides may be heading this way to seek advantage of such conditions where such prides hide away and are at there weakest. I won?t lie to you but we are slightly weakened but the bond we have has never been stronger right now. I can see in your eyes you want to protect your homes at all costs; many generations of felines have not backed down from a fight to protect their home and I?m honoured to have such felines who still keep this feeling with them? he said stopping a moment and padded to the promontory point to think of what he could do with his lionesses and other felines who were willing to protect Pride Rock.

?We?re setting up a defence; we?re going to show any rouge or pride that even thinks to come this way that we don?t cower away from a bit of rain and mud. We?re a generation born and raised at Pride Rock we?ll send them running back home? he said showing a grin for the first time that morning.
?I want all lionesses to be circles around Pride Rock; we?re leaving no blind spots open. As for you two rouges you may be of some use if you want to prove you can be trusted you will help; or you can die? he said padding toward Cova and looked at her with caring but commanding eyes.

?Can I trust you to get the lionesses set up Cova? I need to stay here and keep watch; I?ll roar if I see anything troublesome or anyone that comes this way. If so I need you to come running; you?re one of the fastest lionesses I?ve got and I need someone to spread the word as quickly. It?s not easy for me to shout orders with this wind and rain. Is that ok?? he questioned to her looking at her biting his lip a moment.

?FC?? he said turning to him seeing him in the crowd ?You may be young but I require your assistance as well. Pride Rock isn?t the smallest of places to help co-ordinate attack and defence and I can?t be at two places at once. There aren?t many prides that live in the direction behind Pride Rock that would dream to attack us but any rouge will try and come that way. Can I trust you to look after my lionesses?? he felt bad having to ask such a young feline like him to do such a task; but Pride Rock was indeed not the smallest of structures to be commanded by one.

?Unless anyone has any questions. Cova, FC my fellow subjects good luck and move out. For Pride Rock? he nodded to them all and watched them a moment.