Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Taka versus Scar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with what most everyone else is saying here, the movies are top when it comes to canon information. I found the little books quite interesting though, and I do think the name Taka could work for Scar as a cub. If you ignore the "how he got his scar" story in the books or not, it's still a good name. Afterall, what parents would name their child "Scar"? Although Taka itself suggests his parents weren't all that loving of him...from what I've read "Taka" is african for "trash" or something along those lines. :nukawha:

Those of us who love to explore the story and characters more certainly may find use of a former name for Scar. Although nothing's official unless disney themselves release a pre-equal that tells us more information, and I actually think a movie of Scar, Mufasa and the others when they were young would prove very interesting. Then again, knowing disney they'd make little Scar naturally evil. Personally I don't think anyone starts off evil, events happen that cause a person to take a certain path.

If the books were so official, why then was Kopa changed to Kiara in Simba's Pride? Scar/Taka and his story of how he got his scar really can't be considered anymore truthful than that. Kiara had a nicer, and more original design than Kopa. He was cool, but c'mon...his appearance was more or less a clone of little Simba with a tuft of a mane. In a tale of two brothers we only saw an adolescent Taka, who had already started to sway to the side of evil.

Now what of cub Taka? Certainly he didn't start out with such a hatred for his brother. That's where we come in, people write all kinds of interesting stories on their pasts. Although none of these can be thought of as canon either, they're fun to read and write.

To sum it all up, we probably won't find out the truth...disney themselves probably hasn't thought on it too much. If they do release it in the form of a movie or a series, then awesome...and then we'll get our facts.

note: I did read a while ago that a tv series much along the lines of the jungle cub was considered for the lion king. Although this rumor was posted quite a while ago and I'm not sure if it was even true, it would certainly be a fun little cartoon. I'm pretty sure we won't get anymore tlk movies out of them, considering they've already released them all as a complete set...perhaps we'll get a cartoon show though. That could prove a good thing or not, it depends on what they do with the characters and plots. Anyone have any thoughts on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka doesnt just mean trash. It also means wish or want, need, and cloth XD

the wish or want makes sense to me :3

(to lazy to read entire thread)

I dont agree with the 6NA explination for his scar, but thats just me. i think if he'd been hit in the wyw by a buffalo horn, he'd....have no eye left D:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i agree with Unknown Soul