Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 Art Secret Santa! - Complete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both of them look really great! A very nice Christmas surprise, and yay, a bonus chibi. Thanks Dare, and Merry Christmas. I have a new signature pic now.

Everyone has done such a great job on their pictures. Well done everyone.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok, since I am the last person to post their drawing, I need to give an explanation on why I haven't yet... I was supposed to draw a picture for Leorgathar, and I sent him an email last night anonymously through the SS website explaining what happened, but I don't know if that actually went through and he was able to read it.

I was planning to draw the picture sometime in December, I knew it didn't need to get it done really early like the present Secret Santa because this Art Secret Santa you don't need to send anything in the mail.

Well on December 2, around midnight, our washing machine overflowed down the hallway, we did our best to try to soak everything up, but in the end our flooring had to be dried with tons of fans, but then instead we had to have our flooring ripped up and replaced. A few days after this happened, our family including our pets had to be moved to a hotel. (There could of been a risk of mold in the house after what happened, and it's hard to live there with the flooring all ripped up, and our kitchen cabinets are all gone with everything in them, it was hard to try to cook Christmas dinner without the things we needed.) It has been so chaotic, trying to deal with this, and the holidays at the same time. I really tried to get the Christmas tree up during my last two weekend offs from work, but I spent so much time in our house on my days off from work, helping my family and trying to move things from the house to the hotel, and a lot of of items were packed away in boxes without letting us know when they were going to do that, I really hated it that strangers went through my items and packed them away. I finally got our Christmas Tree up two days before Christmas, and had shopping still to do on Christmas Eve and wrapping, and I normally never have so much left to the last minute... In fact on December 1, I was starting to put lights on our Christmas tree, the very day before the flooding happened from our washing machine. So in the end I had to go back to the house a couple weeks later to take off all lights I spent a lot of time putting on. We have a smaller artificial tree in the garage that we brought to out hotel room, and I was just able to decorate just a few days ago.

I really tried to start working on my drawing on Christmas Eve, but I was so tired with all the running around and wrapping I had to do. I normally love wrapping gifts and such but not all in one day, and at the last minute... I wanted to start on it earlier, but all my days off were so busy...

I really feel disappointed in myself that I didn't get this done in time, but at the same time I wasn't expecting something like this to happen to my home and my family... I will make sure from now on, in the future, that I will start working on my drawing in November...

Leor, I really hope you understand, I have had in my mind what I want to draw for you ever since I drew your name, so I will start working on it tomorrow, and I think I will have it done tomorrow night, or at the very latest, the next morning after that. I don't want this picture to be rushed, after having to wait until after Christmas to get it, I want you to enjoy it.

I have to say, everyone's picture is amazing! Thank you so much Anna, that picture is beautiful, it's so sweet, I love it.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that's terrible. Hope it's sorted quickly for you. I imagine it must be very stressful. I know you're moving soon so if you really find yourself stuck for time I'm up for being a back up artist for you if you need.

Love seeing all the pics
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you for offering Bec, but I do want to draw his picture still, that is my plan tomorrow. I think I will get it done by tomorrow night or the next morning.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Eeee, these are so fun!! I love all of them, fantastic work everyone!

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Audra, I actually replied to your message on my wish list, but I'll say it here too.

Don't worry about not having my drawing on time, it's alright. I supposed you would have had some complication. I understand it because I know things like these happen, I've been there too before. I actually started with my drawing for Kanu a bit late too because of how busy I've been lately with work. I was lucky to find some time spaces to finish it, but I know how it feels when unexpected things happen and we have to delay things. I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the flooding in your house, it must have been hard to deal with. That situation is a much more important priority than my drawing, and I perfectly understand it.

As for me, I'm very patient, and I care more about seeing everyone in Lea happy and in peace with each other. I look forward to see your drawing soon, but I don't want you to feel rushed or anything, take your time with it, it's really ok I really appreciate that you still want to do it.

Christmas is almost over, but I'll still wish your days to be full of happiness. Merry Christmas!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    Thank you for offering Bec, but I do want to draw his picture still, that is my plan tomorrow. I think I will get it done by tomorrow night or the next morning.
    No problem, just thought I would offer

Maybe next year in case someone ends up not being able to do their pic we can ask for volunteers that are willing to do an extra pic. And that if someone simply won't be able to do theirs then they can let one of the volunteers know by Dec 20th or something. Just in case. Looking forward to seeing how your picture turns out anyway

Oh and almost forgot... CGW, I'm so glad you like your picture! Believe it or not I was on the reception desk one boring weekend at work and sketched the original on the back of some scrap paper in pen xD Also, I can't believe you coloured Fujo THREE times!! All of those markings *dies* You have more patience than I, lol. Really awesome concept though, she looks quite devious.

Dare, awesome pics, Katai in the wreath is almost like a cub Simba with a leaf mane The little Namabi icon is adorable too!!
    Last edited by Azerane; December 26th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh, dear, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, Audra! It's perfectly understandable that you didn't have time to draw this month and I hope you still did have a merry Christmas

Beautiful work on the drawings, everyone! Again, it is so fun to see them all ^^

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Oh, dear, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, Audra! It's perfectly understandable that you didn't have time to draw this month and I hope you still did have a merry Christmas
    Thank you Anna, I did still have a Merry Christmas, it was just very chaotic and a little stressful at times. The Christmas day was nice, although I felt bad about not finishing Leor's Secret Santa picture on time.

But finally, here it is! I hope you like it... It took me a lot longer then I thought it would to make this picture... Sorry you had to wait so long Leor! After this happened, I promise in the future to start working on my picture in November and try to get it done before December, I don't want this to happen again.

Last edited by Sharifu; December 28th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, Audra, that's amazing!!! He looks so happy and content, and you've drawn him really well. I reckon all those spots are the reason it took you longer than expected It looks stunning

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you! I'm glad you think it's stunning looking, especially since I didn't make any kind of background besides the tree branch and what was on it... I would of liked to make a little nicer looking night sky but it took me quite a while to do the picture just the way it was, and I was so late already. Plus I'm not sure how I can make a night sky look good on MS Paint... I don't want to use MS Paint anymore, I want to try to experiment with something new from now on. I know I haven't tried to color with anything different in years but I really need to try something new, even though it was because I am used to MS Paint and kind of afraid I will get frustrated when I get stuck on a more advanced coloring program. (I know I have before) But I did spend quite a bit of time on it, yes the spots took a while, but I do think the spots looked good in the end after they were colored.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aww he looks so cute resting on his personal Christmas branch ^^ Thanks a real lot Audra! you did a very good work with Coatl, I really like it I'm sorry that he may take a while to be done, especially with him being a spotted feline
    And don't feel bad about not having it finished in time, you know me I'm still very happy you took the time to do it even afterwards, I'm very grateful, of course

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for another fun and successful Secret Santa guys If there's interest we might do another sketch one at Easter like we did last year

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aww, Coatl looks really sweet! And I love the Christmas branch, haha xD Great work

And yes, thanks everyone for this Secret Santa! I'm definitely up for doing another Easter sketches one!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Audra told me to post this after I kind of played around with the image...

Just a cheap blur and supernova effect from Gimp2.0. Nothing spectacular but as she wanted me to post it I did. XD

Also great job everyone and Kanu that picture is just plain adorable!

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh wow, thanks for the additions, I really appreciate it I swear I could fall asleep like him right now xD
    And yep, I agree with the sketch Secret Santa idea

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, special effects Nice additions Sadiki

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like the little effects Petteri added, especially the stars, I did want to add stars.
    My Lion King Fan-Art