Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Jobs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been trying to sell stuff from before last summer, ain't working if you ain't giving it away for free.

I still got heaps of stuff left to look through, so the more stuff I can find to get rid off, the lower the prices I can put I guess, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My friends sells video game stuff on eBay mostly and he's making a killing. So I'm gonna start with that.

I thought about parting with some of my TLK stuff, but... I don't know if I can lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do all sorts *gets list out*

Shoe repairs, watch repairs, key cutting, engraving, dry cleaning, photo ID, Jewelrey repairs (in training) and anything reasonable that a customer throws at me xP. Been doing the trade for over 5 years now.

But that may all change.....
    Interview tomorrow for a Team leader position with a rail company, will be pretty much double the pay that I am on and I have managed to get into the final few.
    *is nervous*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I work with her majestys Royal Navy as a supply chain logistican...sounds more exciting than it actually is. A lot of time just ordering in stores ranging from clothing and medical up to ammunition and explosives, a lot of paperwork and sitting behind a desk. Only upside is when I go to the Falklands I don't do so much of the paperwork per say because we send it back to England for the lazy feckers there to do since we don't have the computer systems for me to action it onboard...woot! ^^
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oooh, best of luck TL, sounds like an amazing opportunity!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see some of you guys teach in middle school? Erf, i could never do that... Kids are s disrespectful these days... At least in the U.S.

I currently work at a fast food restaurant called Arby's. Been there over 3 years now. Been a manager for almost a year now. It's not bad, but it's not the best job either. Like Audra, I'm not much a people person.. I can fake a smile all day long but it gets annoying lol. My coworkers tease me cuz I'm so different when I talk to them and when I talk to customers. The mgr position isn't hard but there's so much more responsibility and you get chewed out for stupid stuff.. I'm about to be demoted back to crew member cuz I'm trying to focus on school and I'm not helping the store much as a mgr who only works 2 days a week. We can only have so many mgrs at our store.

Aside from that, I try to sell art when I can. I also am employed by my dad's church to play piano. Yeah, I'm almost 26 and I still live at home. Dad's a minister and a rule for living in his house is to attend church. So might as well make money off it, right? lol. I enjoy playing piano tho. <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I work at a baptist church as a custodian. I attend a United Methodist church though.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Janus View Post
    I see some of you guys teach in middle school? Erf, i could never do that... Kids are s disrespectful these days... At least in the U.S.
    Honestly, the biggest problems I have at my job have nothing to do with the kids. The parents are so so so so so apathetic about their kids' education. It makes it really difficult to get the kids excited because they see that their parents aren't. The other big problem is inconsistent discipline from the administration. A kid that's always in trouble will actually get less punishment than one that's done something wrong for the first time. I just don't think that's fair.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dang.. yeah that isn't fair x.x And yeah I can imagine it's hard to get the kids motivated for school when they have other things on their mind like friends and hobbies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There seems to be a good deal of variety with different occupations in Lea. Interesting .

As for myself, I'm just studying atm, and I didn't even land a summer job this season. So I'm going to have a lot of time just hanging about .. I'm hopeful about surviving comfortably with the money that I have though, since I've been working as an Assistant Teacher in programming this spring every now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a desk jockey, haha.

Which in actual parlance is "Accounting Clerk in a mid-to-large size Law Firm". The job itself isn't exciting, but the company is very reliable and most of the employees have been there for years, so they offer side perks that you don't see often anymore: they pay you back for sick AND vacation time you don't use at the end of the year, I can work overtime whenever I need to at my own discretion and choosing without clearing it with anyone (but mostly walk away at 5 PM,) yearly bonuses, full benefits/401K etc. And its only 10 miles from my house, so just the fact that I only have to fill my car up once a week.

So, it's a sure thing that allows me the luxury of a reliable schedule and a certain amount of disposable income to pursue other interests and activities that are a lot more satisfying/rewarding. My only real complaint is that I wish I liked my coworkers more. They're "aight" but I have pretty much zero in common with any of them and don't trust a one of them far as I can throw them, lol.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got a new job! well 2 and I've only been in this new town for 2 days so that's not too shabby.. My main job is to work at a small independent bookstore in town (population 1000); they have an amazing selection and great atmosphere and I'm so excited to start. My other job is helping my boyfriend with his job - to maintain and tend to a vineyard in the most beautiful property ever. It's a private vineyard and the owner is a multi millionaire and very sweet. I worked that one today (did lots of hoeing and pruning) and start the bookstore in 3 days

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice, SS Especially the vineyard, that seems like a rewarding job.

It's so hard to find a job here... I live in a city of 100,000+ and there's a college here so there are tons of young people with the same qualifications as me looking for jobs...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm thinking about maybe taking an accounting education.
    More and more companies "demand" that if you do administration, you are able to help the accountant.

I had this in school, and I wasn't that bad at it (it's on my degree actually, "administration & accounting"), I'm not sure how I would cope with it being in my actual job, I'm not that extremely good with numbers.
    And terrified if I make a mistake.

But it could help me get a job sooner if I do this and pass the course.

*sigh*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I'm thinking about maybe taking an accounting education.
    More and more companies "demand" that if you do administration, you are able to help the accountant.

I had this in school, and I wasn't that bad at it (it's on my degree actually, "administration & accounting"), I'm not sure how I would cope with it being in my actual job, I'm not that extremely good with numbers.
    And terrified if I make a mistake.

But it could help me get a job sooner if I do this and pass the course.

*sigh*
    As long as you double-check your work I should think you'll be fine. Some of the paperwork I do is quite important and so I always make sure to double check that I've looked over everything and actioned everything that needed to be done.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a professional stripper
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ That explains the love for duke

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been applying to other districts tonight. I need a change of scenery as they say.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just realised I haven't posted where I work at.

I work as a bundlerer at a web press. Basically either hand stacking the product to the bins or strap the bundles and put them to the pallet. Not too exciting but it's a job. Also today I was asked if I wanted to be hired on as I work for them through a temp agency. I couldn't give them an answer though as I need to talk with Audra about it as I can't in all good faith to say yes and then possibly leave in 3 months... I think it looks better on resume if I have one solid work history than a year in one place and then 3 months in another. So probably the only way I will say yes is if there is a possibility for me to transfer to another place after we move which would be a dream even though I do not want to make this a carrier. But it would sure help to have a job when moving.

We mainly print things for Apple, Adobe, Comcast, CostUless, Lowe's and during the summer there is a huge job for Premier which makes student planners... So there is a chance on of you have had a student planner this year that I was part of making XD

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well...

I went to work today, sat at my desk.
    The Coordinator for Service and Underwriter's Limited - was a no show. So they just handed it off to me; didn't ask. Is there a pay incentive for that? Of course not.
    I packed my gear up, first break I took my boss aside and said see you on the other side. I quit.

I feel like 400 pounds of crap has rolled off my back. I already have three dispatcher jobs waiting for me; I don't want them is the problem. It's the same 12 hour, strewn out shifts with bare minimum pay and a lot of disgruntlement.

I'm tired of feeling like crap at my jobs.