Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How big of a TLK fan are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meh.. I just hope people will see the DVD and then see it live, because I don't even like TLK much anymore, and I thought it was amazing. <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the information, Sharifu! If I ever make it to New York, It's simply a fact that I have to see it! So, they have it on CD? I'll definitely check that out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yep, there are a few official TLKoB cd's.
    * English (US)
    * Japanese
    * Dutch

And hopefully soon French too.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    Yep, there are a few official TLKoB cd's.
    * English (US)
    * Japanese
    * Dutch

And hopefully soon French too.
    Awesome! I can't imagine being able to go a week without going out and trying to find one!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The English one you can find anywhere.

The Japanese one is totally rare

And the Dutch one, that's kind of in the middle, lol

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    The English one you can find anywhere.

The Japanese one is totally rare

And the Dutch one, that's kind of in the middle, lol
    -in the voice of adult Simba- Um... ...maybe I'd better start out with the English one and go from there. jk

Thanks for the information!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would guess at about a 7. I'm not 100% crazy about it.. I love it as in its a brill movie, its altered my way of thinking, I draw my own characters and furzona and like listening to TLK music. I cryed when I listen to CoL for the first time on CD... does that makes me an 8 or 9 then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am such a fan of The Lion King... maybe even more now after all these years to me it is still considered a wonderful film with a great story and fun and noble characters and great songs and cast,scoring and much more.

Long Live Simba....

Disney's The Lion King will live on...forever with such a wide array of fans like us keeping it everlasting.

Fact:The Lion King Rules...Paws Down for one of the best Disney Animated Features out there....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think i would have to be a 9 i am not completely obsessed over it but i think it is a really cool movie and i love the sound tracks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My measurements: 180cm/28cm/0.00$
    -so may J say in some aspects J'm not such a small fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say I'm 5 Im not mad on it like I use to be & I do ocasionly watch the films when I feel like it. Have been listening to The Lion King Collection alot mind you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say an 7 or 6 out of 10. A lot of my love for the movie has kinda just ebbed and flowed.

It needs an explanation, though. When I was 15, TLK was coming out. That's 12 years ago. 12 years ago, most of the people here were young. I was not, and was in a major college town of Ann Arbor. Further, there were theatres showing this movie for a long time after (about a year) at $1 a shot. Add to that the fact that a bike can get you anywhere in Ann Arbor, and I saw The Lion King, In theaters, a total of around 70 or 80 times. (Also, Michigan has a bottle deposit program.. bring in a can or bottle to a retailer, get a dime. Ten cans of soda found on my walk / bike ride down town gets me a free viewing of the Lion King )

Then, I founded the list. And then I kept going. Fan fic, merchandise, whatever. At fifteen, you're not buying gas for a car or anything, so all your money can go towards what you like. All my money went for The Lion King.

The merchandise available now is not even a hundreth of what was available then. I've got probably thirty boxes of Lion King things, including a "Shaving Kit", collector's plates, collector's glasses, read along cassettes, a Lion King "Recorder" with Songbook, the Piano Book for Easy Piano, the one for NORMAL piano.. etc. The list goes on and on. Posters, christmas ornaments, party favors, etc.

So.. fast forward about ten years or so, and the DVD is coming out. (I already had a DVD copy of TLK from a few friends who used a laserdisc player and a then multi thousand dollar DVD Burner) A lot of people get back into the movie, but not as much as before.

I don't want to say that the movie is dead and gone for me, but it's pretty clear that my time with the movie is done. Now I just kinda dabble in it. Most fans of my age have moved on, quite a few to Narnia, actually.

But, after all, nearly 12 years of complete and total Lion King is a lot

So.. that's why it's a 7. It was at one time a 10.. but , as things have happened and I've moved on, the movie has taken on a different role for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If any of you read my first post, you would have heard my story about me coming back to Disney this spring, the spring of my senior year in high school. I used to think that my favorite Disney movie was "Mulan," but after a marathon of Disney classics, I can definitely say that "The Lion King" is my favorite. While it doesn't have the emotional and romantic subtlety of "Beauty and the Beast," TLK is superb at what it does: telling a strikingly simplistic story with dramatic, moving, poignant moments.

My iTunes playlist has gotten filled with more and more stuff from the soundtrack (even some of the DDR remixes from pridelands.ru (I think "He Lives In You" is the best)) and I enjoy all of it.

I don't actually remember where and when I saw TLK first; in June of 1994 I was 6 years old and graduating from kindergarten. I must have seen it either in the movie theaters (in Ann Arbor, like the previous poster) or right afterwards on VHS. It has been a consistent force throughout my life, ebbing and flowing (to use someone else's description) to almost nothing during middle school and early high school. Back in elementary school, though, I do remember that an obviously TLK-crazed girl sang me "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" as we were walking home. (It was so bad...)

Anyway, now, after coming back to the movie much wiser and more sage, I appreciate it for different reasons, knowing that it is a classic that I should own for posterity (that's why I overpayed for the SE DVD on Amazon). I try to draw characters from the movie (none original), and, while I'm pretty good at reproducing a scene from the movie, I'm terrible at doing it without reference.

Anyway, I would rate myself a 7.7, making me someone who loves the movie (the sequels less so) and someone who would join Lea, but acknowledging that I have many other interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I could call myself a clean 10. I've loved the films since I saw the first one in theaters when I was 3 or 4. I've really gotten into the fandom, have created my own character, and actively write fan fics.

Only thing I need to do now is learn how to draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say about a 5 or 4 right now, when I first became a TLK fan I was easily a 10, but I've been losing interest lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2 or 3 the movies r a bit babyish for me now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FishLionMom: Ok second time I've had to deal with one of your posts in the last 5 minutes. That's insulting to those of us that are big fans of the film.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i bite people's heads off if they talk snarky about mu beloved tlk...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    7 It seems that TLK has become more of a hobby. I collect the merchandise, and draw the characters sometimes. However, it seems to have gotten me the reputation of "Oh yeah, she likes the lion king."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... it's 9 or 10, I think. I'm TLK fan since 1994 and still use to watch this movie every week... I draw Lions, learn about Lions, write about Lions... Lions are all my life And I come here, when my english still sux