I'd say an 7 or 6 out of 10. A lot of my love for the movie has kinda just ebbed and flowed.

It needs an explanation, though. When I was 15, TLK was coming out. That's 12 years ago. 12 years ago, most of the people here were young. I was not, and was in a major college town of Ann Arbor. Further, there were theatres showing this movie for a long time after (about a year) at $1 a shot. Add to that the fact that a bike can get you anywhere in Ann Arbor, and I saw The Lion King, In theaters, a total of around 70 or 80 times. (Also, Michigan has a bottle deposit program.. bring in a can or bottle to a retailer, get a dime. Ten cans of soda found on my walk / bike ride down town gets me a free viewing of the Lion King )

Then, I founded the list. And then I kept going. Fan fic, merchandise, whatever. At fifteen, you're not buying gas for a car or anything, so all your money can go towards what you like. All my money went for The Lion King.

The merchandise available now is not even a hundreth of what was available then. I've got probably thirty boxes of Lion King things, including a "Shaving Kit", collector's plates, collector's glasses, read along cassettes, a Lion King "Recorder" with Songbook, the Piano Book for Easy Piano, the one for NORMAL piano.. etc. The list goes on and on. Posters, christmas ornaments, party favors, etc.

So.. fast forward about ten years or so, and the DVD is coming out. (I already had a DVD copy of TLK from a few friends who used a laserdisc player and a then multi thousand dollar DVD Burner) A lot of people get back into the movie, but not as much as before.

I don't want to say that the movie is dead and gone for me, but it's pretty clear that my time with the movie is done. Now I just kinda dabble in it. Most fans of my age have moved on, quite a few to Narnia, actually.

But, after all, nearly 12 years of complete and total Lion King is a lot

So.. that's why it's a 7. It was at one time a 10.. but , as things have happened and I've moved on, the movie has taken on a different role for me.