Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trainwreck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Life of Pi

OMG, really? Really???

The most stupidest & most boring movie I have ever seen.
    I couldn't even bring myself to watch it completely, I don't think it would have gotten any better towards the ending.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MI4, actually really enjoyed it, was a lot of fun and kept you guessing the whole way through.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Usual Suspects, haven't watched that film in ages and I do very much enjoy it! The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convinving the world he didn't exisit, and like that...he's gone! :3
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame

It's been ages since I last saw it, and I don't remember having seen it in English before. It was like watching it for the first time all over again. Loved it!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I started watching Old Dogs Sunday evening, and after 20 minutes I was like: oh, I still have that JK Rowling story taped too, and I ended up watching that.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Hobbit.

Not sure. The 2 songs in the beginning, lol.
    Then the hedgehog scene, made me think they were going to talk, lol.

I like Lord of the Rings just enough to tolerate it, but this one... Nah, probably won't see the next 2.
    Will read it online, just to know what happens, haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When I first saw "The Hobbit" I thought the same, Nathalie. Then a few years later somebody gave me the third part as a present. So I had to watch part 2 and 3 as well
    About week ago my husband and I finally watched part 1, 2 and 3. The movies are okay, if you don't stick to the book that much. It's funny that Legolas actually looks older and more mature than in the "Lord of the Rings" which takes place after the Hobbit

So yeah... the last movie I watched probably was The Hobbit 3... I think XD

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Hobbit is a typical example of what happens when you try to get three movies out of book with 300 pages. In the end it was a battle of special effects within a nice setting.

Yesterday I watched "National Treasure: Book of Secrets". When you like India Jones with Nicolas Cage it's probably something for you. At least I found it very entertaining.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I loooooooooove National Treasure, hehe.

I haven't read a book in my entire life! No, that's a lie, I've read 1 ... a childrens book, haha. (Charmed Life)
    So for every movie out there, I have no idea what the books are like (I have Harry Potter on my laptop though, I *should* read them).

At some point also rabbits appear, and with the hedgehogs a bit earlier, I felt I was watching bits and pieces of Narnia.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The last movie i saw was Jupiter Ascending. Being from the Wachowski s (same creators of matrix) there is a lot of things you don't see in most movies, and is that innovation that I like. Good movie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Men in Black III

I think it's one of the best sequels ever made!
    The other guy playing K in the past does an amazing job on being Tommy Lee Jones (who I love!!).
    Everything add ups, the story is extremely well done, also with J in the end.

It's got jokes, and I even cried near the end, haha

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Martian

I really enjoyed it, despite a few mistakes, it is the love letter to science they say it is, and Matt Damon's acting is terrific. I recommend it

But as it is usual with movies based on books, the book is far superior. They left out some really good scenes that explain a couple of plot holes (and some really good jokes too, the book's humour is hillarious!)

Just two non-spoilery things I nitpicked about:

-The character Vincent Kapoor, the Director of the Mars Mission, is called Venkat in the book, not Vincent. Also, he's not black, but Indian. Come on, was that change really necessary? Is it not that believable a man with Indian ethnicity could have a position like that? Seriously, what year is it? ><

-And secondly... they changed the movie's title in Mexico to just 'Rescue Mission'. Oh come on! Really!? REALLY!?

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Lapse

Does anyone remember that Goosebumps book "Say Cheese and Die" ? This movie is kind of like that, but the camera doesn't take pictures of death or horrible things all the time. It's about a camera that takes pictures 24 hours into the future. It's definitely a pretty good movie. It was not what I was expecting. I personally liked it! It's on Netflix if anyone is interested in checking it out.
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It is not actually a movie, although it was 1.5 hour long, but I finally got over myself and watched the last episode of "Lost". Took me almost six years to watch the last two seasons. The end is very strange, but the concept of the whole series was to leave a lot of unanswered questions, so it remains true to itself. xD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ugh, I hate something like that, spent so many years watching a series, and then in the end you still don't know? Terrible ...

Watching The Croods. It's OK, has some funny bits.
    Beginning reminded me of Little Mermaid, girl wants to explore new things, daddy is against it, etc ...

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oliver. (Disney)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Little Prince

I was a bit skeptical about this one, looking at the trailers and seeing that it's pretty much a "story within a story" is a little eyebrow-lifting. But after watching it, I found it truly beautiful and heartwarming, I totally loved it!

The way they fit in the whole story of The Little Prince while we see how it affects in a little girl's life (controlled by her mother) worked really well, it's actually more like an expansion to the original tale, in a way. The animation in the girl's story looks ok, but it's the parts where we see The Little Prince where it really shines, done in beautiful stop-motion animation. I wish there were more scenes like those in the movie, they were fantastic.

I love it when I see a non-Disney/Pixar animated movie being this good. I'm sure Inside Out will take all of the awards with good reason, but this one is a really good contender, I do recommend it

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And now I just saw Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

I won't spoil any single detail about it, but I just had the best nerdgasm of my entire life

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ This

I have decided to buy the blu-ray Special Edition for the movie, It's not that I'm not comfortable watching on cinema but I rather have my own peace of mind at home watching it on 4k.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group