Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.
    Yes... for the first time...

The story was pretty predictable, but hey, I enjoyed it none the less.

The animation and visual effects though. Hoooly moley! Seven years later and the film still looks absolutely stunning What kind of crazy CGI magic did they summon at Animal Logic!?

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The lake house.

I didn't really knew what is was about.
    Had it for years, finally watched it.
    It was beautiful ^^
    I even held my breath at some point, haha
    Thought it was a lovey dovey thing, which I don't always like, but it wasn't.
    Really nice movie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Justice League

It was.... ok, I guess? It's not terrible, but it doesn't feel like anything special either. I think it has a big editing problem, like something is missing, but I can't pinpoint what it is.
    I also didn't like just how dark it looks, like it's all de-saturated from color, it gets tiring especially in fast-paced action scenes, it's happening in many movies lately.
    It's a shame, I really liked Wonder Woman, and this doesn't feel like a worthy successor xP

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aftermath

Based on a true story about 2 planes crashing.
    Arnold Schwarzeneger is the main character, and does an amazing job! I usually don't like him, I barely like any of his movies, lol, but this one was very good. You see him like you're not used to, it's a drama movie.
    The other main character was played very well too.

Would definately recommend to watch this.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mrs Doubtfire

Very nice film, I especially liked the ending

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's a Robin classic

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ I agree, it's a longtime favorite

Last night I went to see Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, and... OMG it was freaking amazing!!!
    I'll obviously wait some time before saying anything, but there's so much to talk about it. All I'll say is that this isn't another retelling of any previous Star Wars film as many assumed. It's something entirely new, and it's really exciting! x3

Btw, anyone seen Coco yet?

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ducktales the movie ^^

Mainly just to hear the song at the end, haha

But it's still a nice movie. More like an extended episode really.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The new Murder on the Orient Express. It was alright, I liked it I prefer the gentleman David Suchet Poirot, but this was an interesting take on the character too. The film met my expectations *nod*

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Btw, anyone seen Coco yet?
    Nope, as you know it won't be released here for another month and a half... Disney always does this, and it really gets on my nerves

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "All dogs go to heaven"

The animation was such a joy to watch, I really miss 2d animation...

And I'm really looking forward to both "Coco" and "The last jedi". The first came out here recently, but I'm not sure it's available in English and I usually enjoy the original version more than the greek dub.. As for Star Wars...It's available too, but I think I will wait until I go to the Netherlands for New Years, then I can watch it with my boyfriend.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aww, All dogs go to heaven, that's such a nice movie! Don Bluth movies are really good!

Saw "Sing" last night, it was great!
    Didn't even felt like it was almost 2 hours. Loved it! Felt like being at a concert, haha, singing along, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Me and Adam saw 'the greatest showman' yesterday.
    We both loved it! Great cast, the songs are really amazing and we've been listening since and bought the CD, haha

Based on true story, which I always like.
    The music has great beats and is very powerful.

Even though I had to miss the last 30 minutes due to a panic attack and had to run outside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last movie I watched was Ferdinand!
    It was quite emotional, but I adored it.
    However, it breaks my heart to think about
    the reality a lot of bulls face...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Greatest Showman has been on my "To watch"-list since I saw the first trailer, but I still haven't gotten around to it 8C Good to hear you guys liked it, hehe :P

I'm on the fence about Ferdinand, I think I might like the original short too much to see the feature version ^^;

As for which was the last film I watched, it was Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-rabbit Classic fun!

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw The Great Showman too. It has great songs, but I can't decide if I liked it as a movie or not. I felt like it was missing something, but I can't pinpoint what exactly Still very enjoyable though.

I also watched The Shape of Water, and I loved it! Pan's Labyrinth is still my favorite movie by Guillermo del Toro, but this one comes as a very close second. It's really, really good

Ferdinand is on my list too, I might go watch it this weekend. And I'd also love to check out The Breadwinner by Cartoon Saloon, I've been following news on that one for quite a while now

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We've just seen "The Greatest Showman" again (4th time for Adam, lol).
    As I hadn't seen the end and was dying to see it! I clearly missed the best part.
    Everything still fits so perfectly.

Leor: have you read the original story of PT Barnum? Worth a read.

Ferdinand looks a bit childish to me looking at the trailer, so not sure what to expect from that one ...

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Okay, now I've seen "The Greatest Showman" And woww. The plot is bland and the CGI animals are very cringe-y (glad they are CGI though), but the music and the songs and the performances and Hugh Jackman and ahhhh! I would have danced all the way home if I could; nothing like leaving the cinema with a big, stupid grin on your face

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I do agree, the animals could have looked a lot better, especially the lions.

I think the story tells it just like it is. He saw those people as humans, not as freaks. Apart from Jenny Lind, she did quit the tour, but not because she got rejected, that's something they just put in to be more interesting.

Did y'all see the Oscar nominations? Very disappointing in so many categories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Leor: have you read the original story of PT Barnum? Worth a read.
    Hmm only a little bit, but not too much in depth. I'll make sure to check it out I may actually go see it again one of these days. I've found that I sometimes appreciate movies more when I rewatch them a second time, so I'll make this to be the case ^^

I finally got to see Ferdinand, and I thought it was pretty good! I liked it in general. It has a very good anti-violence message, and it does address the cruelty in bullfighting, in a kind of subtle way as not to make it scary for kids, but it works. It does have its emotional moments that made me a bit tear-eyed. Not at a Pixar level of emotional, but it's lovable.
    What I didn't like about it though is all those silly filler scenes in the middle, and all the unnecessary cringey characters. I mean, the story could have been told with only a handful of characters and it would have been alright (like, you know, the original tale), but this movie adds 5 different bulls besides Ferdinand, a goat, 3 hedgehogs, 3 horses, and a dog (And that's not counting the human characters xP), they're all for filler scenes only to get some laughs and not move on with the plot.

But... maybe that's me overthinking it xD if you can get past that, it's still a very cute movie. For what it is, it's worth a watch :3
    Last edited by Leorgathar; January 25th, 2018 at 08:36 AM.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw "Trolls" again last night, 3rd time in like, a week, lol.
    I didn't knew what to think, but finally decided to watch it. I loved it. The music is good, the voice cast is good. And even though not all songs are original (like "True colors"), they fit so well.
    I was never a Dreamworks fan, I always thought they couldn't capture emotions in faces. Unlike Pixar, who managed to do that amazingly since the beginning.
    But with Trolls they managed to do great.

Also saw "Cars 3".
    Really liked the frist one, the second one was alright, the third ... I don't know. I was more busy with other things and just had it on in the background basically. Couldn't really get myself to actually keep watching it.

Also, anyone remember PT Flea from A Bug's Life? = PT Barnum

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu