Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A decent argument against homosexuality, esp. gay marriage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pride Rules: No chatting in threads. (ex: 1 line posts and replies)
    Also, i think you're finally getting the idea of it. Your typing has improved at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, since you had been saying every other word prior to that post, I wasn't sure if it was a typo or on purpose.

And Lorna, if you want to be rude, take it to PMs and I shall gladly join you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because it is annoying to members, including myself. They have made their views on the subject known in this thread already. They're just saying it nicer than I am. But I am not the only one who was annoyed, just the one that is speaking up the most. <<

EDIT: If you want a pat on the back for it Lorna, then you have it. Congrats on learning to type clear enough for everyone to understand and want to read what you have to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Grabs some popcorn*

Dakota, Lorna, whoever is in question here, here's what your going to do if you want to end the argument and continue on this forum having a good time and posting and stuff. You're going to quit spamming. Yes, I know you don't think you were, but just for future reference, don't. You're also going to use big-kids language, like, words and sentences, for instance. You're going to use your user name, and only our user name, unless you suffer from multiple personality disorder. You're going to apologize, and then you're going to have a good time at this forum, remembering the rules, and just keeping this in mind as a nasty lesson that everyone has learned at one point or another on this forum. I've had my share of scuffs on this forum, I'm still here

I'm not telling you what to do, you're more than welcome to continue this argument, I'm enjoying it, but it'll be so much easier if we all just sit back for a second and calm down. I'm sure most people are willing to forget all this if we apologize, don't do it again, and move on. Yes, I know you don't think you did anything wrong, you may have misunderstood because you're new to the forum, but arguing with mods is just going to get you in more trouble.

Please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a blanket statement directed towards anyone in the argument, if you don't think you're in the argument, then you don't apply to "whoever is in question".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since you have learnt to use proper spelling Dakota. As I said in the toehr thread, thank you. And the last warning will not count on you. Perhaps I had been a bit overly aggressive. However you and your friends seemed to basically disregard other members complaints, and the warnings that I gave you.

Please note the warnings are not a laughing matter. When you get to three warnings, you're in potential of being banned. However, as I stated, perhaps I did give you and Lorna too many. I shall back it down to one warning for each of you.

And once again I thank you for being kind enough to type properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The supermods/admins would decide whether you should be banned or not. If you were banned, then it could be permanently or just for a little while. If you're not banned, the mods will deifnitely talk to you about it until a solution to whatever was going on was met.

Something along thos elines. However, let's get back to the real subject at hand shall we? ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    None whatsoever from me. And now that the situation is over, I take my leave from this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lorna
    Yes Dakota I understood myself perfectly aswell, infact I could read the post I wrote before this post better than I can read this one i'm writing now lol
    So then Ravoc, am I getting the the idea of it aswell?
    Because if you notice I have not made any spelling mistakes and I've put all my punctuation and capital letters in the write place. And if I have made a mistake then my english teacher isn't a very good one is he?
    Lorna
    ...She learned English in a day....it's a miracle!!!....

I'm sorry, I just felt the need to be an ***....I loves you all...Buddy Hugs!!.....

But seriously, typing out complete sentences and words is a lot better....glad to see you finally decided to do it....Have Fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Dakota
    lol, well like i said, welsh is my first language, but i do speak mostly full english, its just a little sloppy lol
    Dakota
    Cool...No one can fault you for trying...especially if English isn't your first language..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mabatu
    If i hadn't known Neph before i read this post, i'm almost certain i wouldn't realise she's being sarcastic either.
    Ok... In my opinion, I don't think it matters who would type it, because the sarcasm is so blunt. If I had no idea who typed that at all, I can still see the sarcasm because (and I am repeating myself once again) I do not believe people always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning, we use those things in everyday life! I do not believe hanging around tall people will make you tall, because we all know that doesn't work, and so and so on.

Anyways it's nice to see some of you typing better English. It was hard and annoying before to read your posts, especially Lorna's. But now you are typing more clearly so it's easier to read.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    What I was saying was that even the people that didn't understand that it was sarcasm after a page worth of discussion said that they did once they READ the thread topic in depth.
    i dont think you are getting what Mabatu is trying to say here...
    what happens when people read Neph's post when there was NO discussion yet. BUT when the discussion started, then they understood the sarcasm.
    i dont see any problem with that situation?

Originally posted by pntbll248
    Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened.
    but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think.
    regardless if you meant to suggest people were stupid or not, im pretty sure some people still 'felt bad' (as Mabatu mentioned) since you said they were not 'thinking' about what they were reading or posting, it ultimately will give people the feeling of ignoranance and stupidity...even if you didnt mean it.

but anyway, ill have to agree with everybody else on this thread, that this thread is getting a little bit out of hand...
    so lets just leave this topic as it is, as i think it seems to have come to a resolution through explaination already....

Originally posted by Sharifu
    I do not believe people always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning, we use those things in everyday life! I do not believe hanging around tall people will make you tall, because we all know that doesn't work, and so and so on.
    yes i dont believe that either, and most people will agree with you on that one too.

however, just because we believe it, doesnt necessarily mean other people dont, some people will honestly think those 'facts' are true, as crazy as that may sound.
    trust me, ive met people like that before...
    so at first i didnt assume that it is sarcasm, since they could have very well thought that, and this is more the case since it is the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba_TLK
    Originally posted by .... Yeah.
    Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened.
    but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think.
    Don't take my post out of context; and that's exactly what you did. You removed the part where I said some people may have been genuinely confused and that it wasn't anyone's fault for that.

If you'd like me to quote you out of context, I will

Originally Posted by Simba_TLK

you....are....crazy
    Now, that was a really mean thing to say to me, Simba_TLK; and you did say those three words in your post. Who cares what order they came in or if there were any words between them, you still said it and now my feelings are hurt. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but you should get my point that when you take my words out of context, or neglect to add things in between that may be my defense, it bugs me.

Seriously though, I'm not changing my post or my view, and I'm not apologizing; if someone was hurt by my post saying they didn't read Neph's topic thoroughly and failed to recognize sarcasm, well, they are going to be in for a culture shock when they enter the real world. Come to me through PMs or otherwise if you were badly hurt by that, and we can work things out and it'll all be good and solved. Contrary to popular belief, I don't like hurting people and I don't like making people unhappy, so I don't want someone to be afraid to come to me if they have a problem so we can work it out; I promise I don't bite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thinks someone should just close this thread... This is looking like one big misunderstanding. So you should all just get over it, and drop it because this forum isn't here so we can have pety arguments over something that was miss-interpreted. Its **** like this that breaks communities. So Stop here while were ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay.. I haven't read the whole thread but.. I'm kinda getting vibes that Jettie, Dakota, and Lorna are all the same person >> I've never seen them all online at the same time, yet they post like one minute after one another.. I don't know. I'm probably wrong. Just a feeling.

Anyways, I do agree that the three of them need to clean up their posts, it's a terrible pain to read and it doesn't exactly make the forum look good.

And sorry, Xini; your sarcasm kinda flew over my head there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia

Anyways, I do agree that the three of them need to clean up their posts, it's a terrible pain to read and it doesn't exactly make the forum look good.
    I feel that we all should start talking in Binary....1000101011100101001010010001110010010010 01001001...Yeah
    That's right, I said it!!!...

Or Hexadecimal!!!....12AB5D87ACEF....Incase you have a little trouble with my accent...it's roughly translated into...1001010101011010111011000011110101100111011 11....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I feel that we all should start talking in Binary....1000101011100101001010010001110010010010 01001001...Yeah
    That's right, I said it!!!...

Or Hexadecimal!!!....12AB5D87ACEF....Incase you have a little trouble with my accent...it's roughly translated into...1001010101011010111011000011110101100111011 11....
    Yeah.. we should all talk in binary, and then n00bs will bow before our 10001111 skills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog - 100010101110010100101001000111001001001001001001

How dare you!!!

Newbs Bow Before the Mighty Roog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Yeah.. we should all talk in binary, and then n00bs will bow before our 10001111 skills
    ....but hopefully they wont use any Binary noob speak...like...1010112212100....I mean, c'mon, that's great for MSN and all, but those 2s just make things all hard to read and confusing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lucy Lioness

How dare you!!!

...I'm so sorr-Your Signature Keeps Blinking At Me!!!!!oneeleven11!!1!1.....sorry...went a little Net Speak there....